Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Aveda Enbrightenment Brightening Correcting Serum Review and a Drugstore Deal

I had a sample of the Aveda Enbrightenment Brightening Correcting Serum so I decided to actually try it out, since I have been on my natural product kick. My sample was decent sized so it lasted about 2 weeks. I know that is not long enough to determine if it was really brightening my skin or not, but 2 weeks is enough for me to notice whether I want to keep using a product or if I am ready to move on.

After 2 weeks, I was ready to move on. Mainly because I did not like the sticky feeling that I felt every time I applied this on my skin. The serum does absorb quickly, so the stickiness doesn't last too long, but I still didn't like it, even if it was just a few seconds.

I did not have any adverse reaction, like sudden breakouts, but I also did not see any improvement of any other type of positive effect. Usually, even if I don't see a reduction in signs of aging, or improvement in brightness, if a product is effective, my skin will start to glow within just a few days of using it. I did not get that glow from this, so I am now on to the next product.

Kajal Couture Rating: C

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: Thumbs down for the stickiness factor, thumbs up for being Aveda and using natural products, but it didn't do anything positive for me.

So I stopped by Rite Aid (a drugstore) today to pick up something, and of course I had to stop by the makeup aisles to do a quick walk-by, and I noticed that a ton of makeup from all different brands is 75% off right now! I think they are products/colors that are being discontinued, but I saw some great nail polishes for under $1, pretty eyeshadows in all different colors (yes, colors that you could actually use, not just the funky leftovers), and some nice eyeliners (I was tempted by the Loreal and Cover Girl colored liners) and lipsticks on sale. If you are interested in trying something new, I recommend you stop by your local Rite Aid and check out the stock. You might find something you really like!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you reviewed this, I was curious about this product and was thinking about getting it. I too like products that are natural. I do like some of Aveda's products but not enough to justify paying full price for them. I don't think I ever loved any of the products I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Neena You know, you are right! Their products are good, but I have never loved anything enough to keep going back for more. One of their lotions actually made me itch! Apparently I was allergic to something in there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails