Monday, February 1, 2010

Lip Balms - One Yay One Nay

Are you addicted to lip balms like I am? I find myself constantly reaching out for a lip balm or lip gloss, and kind of freak out when I can't find something and am left with dry pout. I know that the more you use them, the more you become addicted and the cells stop holding onto moisture, which makes lips even drier. But I can't help myself...I need my lip balm!

I used to like Burts Bees a few years ago, but ever since I discovered my passion for beauty products and have been able to try out new brands, I have learned that Burts Bees and I don't really see eye to eye. Take their Honey Lip Balm for example. It feels ok when you first apply it, but it doesn't last, and it does not leave me with soft, supple lips. Overall, this is a nay.

Kajal Couture Overall Rating: D

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: Don't waste your time on this. I would rather use Vaseline or plain ol' chapstick.

Now this next one is something I find myself reaching for ALL day long! It is the Korres Lip Butter. The one below is Jasmine, and I like it because it is colorless when you apply it, so you can use it as a base without adding color, and then add your lip color over it. I like to use this at night too, and the fact that it is colorless is great because you won't end up with pink marks on your pillow or sheets. Overall, this is sooo creamy and moisturizing, and makes my lips feel sooo good that I just want it on all the time! The one thing that could be better is the lasting power. It lasts a couple hours, but not as long as lip gloss. I guess that is cuz glosses are sticky and so they stay on longer.

In the jar it looks light pink, but applies colorless.

Kajal Couture Overall Rating: A
Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: This will moisturize and soften your lips like no other! It definitely lives up to the hype! It's the equivalent of a good body butter for your lips. =)


9 comments:

  1. I love Korres Lip Butter! I have the Jasmine one too. Another one of my all time favorites is the MAC lip conditioner that comes in the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one!! Love love love it.. just wish that when you lick your lips you could taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Neena Yup that MAC one is good too!

    @Tali Hahaha...if the balms were really flavored, that would be so dangerous! I doubt any would actually stay on my lips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm,...Burts bee's peppermint lip balm is my favorite.....I have never tried the honey! I really want to get the Korres lip butters. Do you think that one of the darker colors will give me a tint?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hope Yes! I have the Quince and Pomegranate ones which have a darker color and they definitely give a tint. I HIGHLY recommend them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of the Korres one...does it leave that yucky residue on your lips ever?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Jasmine one seems really popular! I'd give it a go if it were easier to get a hold of here, for sure! I like to moisturize my lips with facial moisturizer or even body butter, at least when I'm at home, as I don't carry these items around. I find that it sinks into the lips as opposed to staying on top of them :) Also, I give them a good exfoliation every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mad munky Nope! The Korres lip butter does not leave the residue. I recommend it highly!

    @Pinch Body moisturizers make great lip balms too! You are right in that those tend to sink in and lip products stay on top. There must be a reason companies make lip products to stay on top...though I'm not too sure why. =) If you do get a chance to try some Korres products, let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try Lucas Papaw Ointment. It works wonders on the lips and doesn't dry out your lips like Chapstick and Burts Bees lip balms do.

    Plus it's multipurpose (like Vaseline) so you can use it on dry patches of skin, mosquito bites, small cuts, burns, whatever. So it's really handy to have in a bag. Plus, it's in a bright red packaging so it's easy to spot in a bag.

    Oh my God, I sound like a salesman, lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails