Monday, August 16, 2010

My Honeymoon Makeup Bag

I recently found a couple pics on the makeup I took on my honeymoon, and realized I never posted them. For my honeymoon, I was determined to pack light, at least in terms of my cosmetics, and I am so proud of myself for actually sticking to that!! This is all I took with me:


Here is a list of the products:
  1. One MAC Eyeshadow Palette
  2. MAC Prem + Prime Face Protect (primer with SPF 50)
  3. MAC Blushcreme in Uncommon
  4. Nars Lipgloss in Pillow Talk
  5. MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer
  6. MAC MSF Natural Powder
  7. MAC Plushlash Mascara in Plushblack
  8. Shu Uemera Eyelash Curler
  9. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero
  10. MAC Technakohl Eyeliner in Smoothblue
  11. Korres Ginger and Vitamins Foundation

Yep, that's all I took! Isn't that amazing! Maybe not, but I was quite impressed with myself. After all, we did have a beach honeymoon (Tahiti and Bora Bora), so I hadn't planned on wearing much makeup, but wanted enough to look well-done for dinners at the resorts. The MAC liner in Smoothblue is one of my absolute favorites. I have a lot of tops in this color and I wear this shade often in the summer...it just feels so perfect for the beach and is an easy way to add a pop of color to the eyes. It was the first MAC eyeliner I ever bought and I just love the color and the staying power. Even my hubby likes it when I wear the "blue stuff" on my eyes. =) Just for you, I swatched the colored products that I took with me:


Left to Right: Pillow Talk lipgloss, Uncommon blushcreme, Smoothblue liner, Zero liner 

The MAC Blushcreme in Uncommon is one of my must-haves and I plan to do a separate post on that. All in all, I think I did well at taking just the essentials and only the products I knew I would use. 

5 comments:

  1. Can u name the eyeshadows in ur palette for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kinomie98 Yes! I have received more requests to name the shadow colors, so check back in a day or so and I will post all the shade names. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very impressive, I know it can be tough choosing just a few items to take. I always feel like I'm gonna need something or miss something and end up taking more then I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Neena Glad you know someone else feels the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was good...Light and Functional!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails