Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stila Jewel Collection Review and Swatches

I have been majorly in love with Stila products recently, and keep wondering why it took me so long to discover how great they are! I recently got a chance to review the shadows and lip glazes from the new Stila Jewel Collection for Spring:


I was really looking forward to the eyeshadow quad because the colors looked so unique and I love anything with sparkle:



Colors: top left - Golden Topaz; top right - Amethyst
bottom left - Black Diamond; bottom right - Rose Quartz


These shadows are supposed to have a sequin-like sparkle that leave the eyes glistening like jewels. When I got the palette, I was a bit disappointed by the size. The shadows are about the size of a dime, and the whole palette looks like one of those shadow palettes in the Lancome gift with purchase sets. However, I was hoping the product itself would make up for the size:


Colors: Golden Topaz; Rose Quartz; Amethyst; Black Diamond

In the picture above you can see the color/pigmentation a little better, but in the picture below you can really see how the product shines in the light:


Colors: Golden Topaz; Rose Quartz; Amethyst; Black Diamond


I really like these shadows. Upon first glance it might seem that the colors don't go well, but this is actually a brilliantly developed palette. You can use them with other matte or satin shades, or use them together! If you are using just these four shadows, you can stick to a neutral palette with the Rose Quartz and Golden Topaz, or do the pink/purple thang with Rose Quartz and Amethyst, or do a smokey eye with Black Diamond and Amethyst, or use any of the colors or combos and line the eye with Black Diamond....the possibilities are endless! These are not super pigmented, but you can layer them to get a more intense color. I also think they are not supposed to be super intense, because they are so glittery/shimmery and that adds the intensity. These are smooth to apply, easy to blend, and as all Stila shadows, last all day. 

Kajal Couture Rating: B+

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: I really like the product itself, but I was disappointed by the size of the product. You definitely have to use these with other shadows because there is no highlight color, and these would be way too sparkly to wear alone if you want to wear them to work and you have an office job. The product itself is fabulous and I really like the quality and shades.

The next product in the Stila Jewel Collection is the Jewel Lip Glaze Trio. These not only have the classic non-sticky, long lasting lip glaze formula, but are glittery and are actually infused with gemstone complexes like Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Rose Quartz, Opal, Mother of Pearl (the list goes on and on...) and even contains great moisturizing ingredients like Mango Seed Butter, Goa Seed Butter, and Shea Butter.


I figured these would be like MAC dazzleglasses, but these are sooooo much better!! Just check out the swatches:


Colors: Pink Diamond; Golden Topaz; Amethyst

In the swatches on the bottom, the product is straight from the tube, on top I tried to blend the product out slightly so you could see the color is not as crazy as it seems in the tube. These are far more glittery than MAC dazzleglasses and the formula is so much better. They are not sticky, they have great moisturizing ingredients, and look so amazing on the lips. I also really like the lip glaze tubes...its just so fun and easy to use! The colors are not crazy and are very wearable, so you can wear them alone or layer them. I tried to capture the amazingness but my camera isn't the best:


In this pic I am wearing the Pink Diamond gloss only. The sparkle factor will play up what ever color you layer this with, and the glitter will look even more intense. I can't even explain how amazing these are, you just have to try them for yourself in person!!

Kajal Couture Rating: A+

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: These glosses are not appropriate for all situations because they are so glittery, but the bling factor is what I love so much about the product, combined with the great gloss formula. It really does look like mini sequin-like shine, and is very appropriately named Jewel Collection.

What do you think about these products? Have you checked them out? I will be doing some looks using these products in the near future, so stay tuned!

Disclaimer: The products in this post were sent by PR for consideration. Please read my disclaimer for additional information. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow these products look great! The eyeshadows would be fun to wear on a night out. I finally got a chance to try one of their glosses and I'm really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do sparkle........just a question are these chunky or have a smooth texture? as they look a bit chunky from the pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Neena I think you would really enjoy these products! Especially the shadows!!

    @Yuvna Amazingly, the shadows look chunky but they are totally smooth!!! And the glosses look like they might be gritty from the glitter, but those too are totally smooth and not chunky or gritty at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these reviews! I have been very interested in these products, and you answered a lot of questions. I just followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dominique I am glad I could help! Are you going to get any of these products?

    And thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't tried these, but the sparkle does look great on you! the black diamond shade looks gorgeous!

    i did pick up some of the 24k collection the other day..took me forever to find which stores they carried it in! stila is so consistent with their formulas and product. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look great. sorry about the size. i may include some stila products in my 200-follower giveaway.

    cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Nice informative blog..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog!!!!!! Very informative...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shadows are so pretty! I like the pink gloss too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails