Thursday, March 17, 2011

Do Futuristic Formula's Really Work? Smashbox Bionic Mascara Review

Remember when I told you that I had picked up the following Smashbox 500 point reward from Sephora?


Well, I finally got around to trying out the Bionic mascara:


Now, I am pretty skeptical when cosmetic companies use words like "bionic," " telescopic," and "infallible," but since I have been pretty impressed with Smashbox lately, I thought this mascara might live up to its claims. This mascara formula is supposed to make lashes look longer, stronger, and more voluminous. So how did it perform? Take a look:

 Bionic mascara applied after curling lashes

Bionic mascara 3.5 hours after application

Verdict? As you can see, this was a bust. The mascara just barely held the curl. The product didn't last, it just flaked off and migrated to my under eye area. It made my dark circles appear worse than do look naturally! Forget lasting a day, this mascara couldn't make it through the morning!

Kajal Couture Rating: D-

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: The photos speak 1000 words. Pass!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails