Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanks But I'll Pass on the Alligator Skin - Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration Moisturizer Review

I got a sample of the Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15 moisturizer so I thought I would try it out. This was my first experience with Boscia, and I'm sure they have some great products, but this is not one of them.

In terms of hydration, this was fine, it is pretty liquidy so it blends on the skin well, and you don't need a lot to cover your face. It also feels lightweight and would be great in the summertime. Even as we are transitioning to winter, it was able to keep my skin moisturized. Until I applied makeup that is. I noticed that when I wore this moisturizer, as soon as I applied foundation, the foundation would start to pill up and it looked like I had dry, flaky skin. I tried it with several different brands and formulas of foundations and had the same problem every time, so I knew it was this moisturizer causing the problem. I have dry skin to begin with, so perhaps this is not an issue for those with oily skin. I'm just glad this was a sample and I didn't spend anything on it, because if I did, this would definitely be going back.

Kajal Couture Rating: C-

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: It's fine (not great) at providing moisture when worn alone, but when topped with foundation, your skin will appear flaky, and who wants to walk around with flaky skin? This is considered a simple moisturizer because it doesn't claim to do anything grand, but it does have SPF in it. If you are looking for a simple moisturizer, there are much better and cheaper drugstore brands like Olay and Aveeno that have similar moisturizers that won't give you alligator skin.

Have any of you tried anything by Boscia? Is there anything you do or do not recommend?

2 comments:

  1. Great review..really though. You were honest which is the best thing and your points were great!.. now i know not to buy! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tali Thanks hun! It feels funny giving a negative review (I don't like saying bad things about products), but I feel that I should share my experiences and let others know if something works or doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails