Wednesday, November 9, 2011

5 Must-Have MAC Shadows for Every Skin Tone

If I could only have 5 MAC shadows for the rest of my life, I would choose the following 5:


L-R: Expensive Pink, Texture, Sable, Bronze, Embark


These 5 shades suit every skin tone and I will tell you why:




  • Expensive Pink: It is a duochrome shade that swatches pink but in reality has peach and gold tones to it that make it absolutely beautiful on the lid. A quick swipe of this makes for an interesting daytime OR evening eye look, and also looks great paired with browns, bronzes, plums, and golds.

  • Texture: Is great in the crease for light-medium skin tones, and is a great lid or blending shade for darker skin tones. The warmth of this shades helps counteract sallowness in the eyes and the shadow itself blends effortlessly.

  • Sable: This is basically a warmer Satin Taupe. I like this better because it looks a bit more natural than Satin Taupe, and it works on EVERYONE. It can be used on the lid for a smoky eye, as a crease accentuating shade, or even as a liner for nude eye looks. I like that this shade is great for a daytime smoky eye and won't make people look at you funny on the streets.

  • Bronze: This shade is exactly what I imagine when I think of Bronze. Again, this is another one of those shades that looks great for smoky evening looks or paired with other colors in the crease.

  • Embark: Since I reach for neutrals more than colors, this is my go to crease shade. Whether I am wearing pinks, bronzes, plums, coppers, (the list goes on and on), this is one of those dark colors that I can rely on to accentuate the crease without looking Jerseylicous-ish. This is also a great liner shade because it is a dark, warm, and not as harsh as black.


L-R in natural light: Expensive Pink, Texture, Sable, Bronze, Embark


L-R with flash: Expensive Pink, Texture, Sable, Bronze, Embark


Do you have any of these shades? What are your 5 must have MAC shadows?

15 comments:

  1. perfect choice of must have MAC eye shadows!! I own texture n embark:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, Bronze is a must-have. Expensive Pink has a dupe in Wet n Wild Penny, but EP has more gold shimmer (which is really nice). I have Sable and you're right about it working on everyone! I use it on both fair skinned and dark skinned models. There is a close dupe for it, though (Urban Decay Toasted).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any of these, but I like how the pigments show up on your skin. I could imagine an eye look with several of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hava sable and I agree with you, its great! I guess I have to buy the rest now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe....let me know if you do try the other shades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are both great shades...i can't live without em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used many of these shades together..I recommend checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...] Couture shares her 5 Must-Have MAC Shadows that complement every skin [...]

    ReplyDelete
  10. [...] Couture shares her 5 Must-Have MAC Shadows that complement every skin [...]

    ReplyDelete
  11. [...] Couture shares her 5 Must-Have MAC Shadows that complement every skin [...]

    ReplyDelete
  12. [...] Couture shares her 5 Must-Have MAC Shadows that complement every skin [...]

    ReplyDelete
  13. [...] Couture shares her 5 Must-Have MAC Shadows that complement every skin [...]

    ReplyDelete
  14. [...] 4. MAC Eye Shadow in Sable – This is just one of those shades I can swipe on my lid, add some mascara, and go. It just works. And it works on all skin tones. Yes, it is a bit shimmery, but not overly so that you can’t wear in during the day. Since this is so wearable I have been using it a lot for both daytime and nighttime smoky eyes. There is another photo and swatch in this post. [...]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails