Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gisele in a Saree...East Meets West for the Cover of Vogue India

When I was in India a couple months ago, I picked up stacks and stacks of bridal and fashion magazines. I admit, I still have not flipped through them all, but I did go through my favorite, Vogue India, and am so mesmerized by this picture of Gisele in a saree:

She looks so natural, yet so stunning and I love that she is able to wear the saree, the saree is not wearing her. Of course, us normal people would wear a blouse with a saree, but in the spirit of fashion, its not necessary. Gisele looks so long and lean (who am I kidding, she IS long and lean), and I don't know what it is, but the photo is mesmerizing...

That photo was from the September 2009 issue of Vogue India, where Gisele graced the cover:

Her look is so natural and timeless. I love that she can pull of a super traditional Indian style necklace with a very non-traditional (for Indian standards) outfit.

In this close up look, Gisele is wearing very natural makeup, some taupy shades on the eyes, fresh glowy skin, and a my-lips-but-better pinky lipcolor.

All the images were scanned in, so they aren't fabulous, but I felt like sharing them with you. =)

6 comments:

  1. Giselle is STUNNING, imo, I haven't seen her looking bad in anything...I suppose she could dress up as Barney the dinosaur, and she'd look good, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marce That is so true!! Some girls are just born with the looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too fond of the sari but she actually pulls it off well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BeautyTalk Yeah, its not the prettiest saree, but I think she wears it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's for Vogue Sept 2009? I'm thinking that those pics of Gisele were taken a while back...seeing as she is pregnant now. Otherwise...dang!! She looks good as a pregnant supermodel...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Kajal, I want to try a nice moisturizer for my fresh face lines...I have a combi skin, but starting to see lines on the forehead. please help

    Akhila

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails