Monday, November 23, 2009

Korres Ginger and Vitamins Foundation Review

I recently made my first venture into trying out Korres products, and let me tell ya, I am a very happy camper!! I had been on the Korres site many times, and always wondered what to try out. I read many a review before I decided on a couple products. The first that I will review for you is my favorite of what I got: the Ginger and Vitamins Foundation SPF 15:


This is a light-medium coverage foundation, and if you use a wet brush or sponge to apply it, you can sheer it out for a light finish. The product is so weightless on the skin, that it feels like tinted moisturizer. This foundation provides a very natural look, it does not look caked on, or give the appearance that you are wearing foundation, and that is what I love most about it. It is not oily or greasy feeling, but at the same time it is not matte, it gives a very natural, dewy finish. Of course, topped with a powder, you can achieve a very matte look. I bought the shade LF4 and I am usually an NC30 in MAC, and the LF4 matches me perfectly. Here is a swatch:



On the left side is a tiny droplet squeezed directly from the tube, the middle is a droplet blended out slightly, so you can see how lightweight and liquidy it is, and the right swatch is blended out. Keep in mind that is my hand, which is why the foundation does not blend naturally and the color does not match.

This has become my new daily use foundation and I love it! Rarely do I feel that a product is worth every cent, but with this one I do. The other plus is that this foundation is actually good for your skin! It is Korres so it is made of natural ingredients, it has ginger to tone and clarify the skin, and Vitamins C and E to prevent the visible signs of aging! And if that wasn't enough, this baby has SPF 10 in it too! I mean, it's not a lot, but its better than nothing, especially if your moisturizer doesn't have SPF in it. If I had to point out a negative, it would be that after you apply this foundation, you have to let it set a minute or so before applying other face products. For me, that is not hard because I either wait till it dries, or I move on to my eye makeup. Either way, it is definitely worth that extra min or so because the finish is so great.

If you are interested in trying this out, they do have it at Sephora, but if you order online like I did, I heard that the even number shades (LF2, LF4, and LF6) are for people with golden/olive undertones, and the odd number shades (LF1, LF3, and LF5) are for those with pink undertones.

Kajal Couture Rating: A

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: Great foundation for those that want a natural look without looking like you are wearing foundation. Feels great on the skin and it is actually good for your skin too! I highly recommend this one, and it starting to become a favorite of mine.

I was so pleased with this that my next Korres plan of action is to try out their face primer...let's see if my wallet agrees.

5 comments:

  1. oooh i didn't hear that about even number shades being for olive toned skin. i got LF3, and while I like everything about it, I can't help but think that I'm just a teeny tiny bit off on the color match. Thanks for doing the research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @fantastic No problem hun! I researched the colors because I was ordering online and I hate dealing with returns and exchanges. Let me know if you try a different color and it is a better match for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not pink but i use LF3 lol
    I think korres got it wrong :P

    Love the foundation... its so light!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Korres. You should try their Lip Butters next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tali hmm, are foundation colors ever perfect? hehe, i'm glad you like this one!

    @K.Lo I actually have them....that will be the next Korres product I review! But so far I am liking them. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails