Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finally...a look!!!!

Yes, yes, I know, I said I would be back and posting regularly, and I have sorta not been....but really, I promise, I'm back!

So here is a quick look I did recently...I call this my quick and easy daytime smoky eye.


Sorry for the blurriness of the photo above, but I inadvertently deleted the others so I didn't have another one to post. But something is better than nothing, right?! 


I used Painterly Paint Pot as the shadow base, Knight Divine shadow on both the upper and lower lid, Shroom to blend out Knight Divine, and Shroom in the inner corner and as the highlight. I lined the upper lid and waterline with Blacktrack Fluidline and covered the lashes with a couple coats of Plushlash mascara. (All products by MAC)



On my face I applied the new MAC Pro Longwear Foundation. I skipped blush that day...not sure why, but I think I was trying to get out of the house and couldn't find my blushers (yes, I am still in the process of unpacking after my move....sigh....). On my lips I wore Stila's Lip Glaze Stick in Plum. 


So one important thing I wanted to mention about the new MAC Pro Longwear Foundation is that the skin has to be prepped really well, and I am not talking about primer. Whether you have dry skin or oily skin, make sure you use a moisturizer appropriate for you skin type so the skin is nice and hydrated (and plump). If you have any type of trouble spots, use a serum under the moisturizer. With this foundation you don't really need a primer because the longwearing formula makes it such that you don't need one. If you are using a primer for large pores or wrinkles, then go ahead and use a primer after the moisturizer. This foundation works best on nice moisturized and prepped skin, and won't work well if you just slap it on your skin. 


What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. A very nice n simple look :)The plum lips are so appropriate for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice look. I have all the eye colors you mentioned so I will be trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Appu Thanks! Yes, plum is very in this fall!

    @Neena Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice and pretty look.. :) i also liked ur lippie..

    my recent post: Review – Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look, love how soft and blended the eye makeup is!!! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! A smokey eye that actually is suitable for day time. Your eyes are gorgeous, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails