Friday, May 18, 2012

Vacation Must Haves

Since I travel a lot I have learned what beauty items I need to pack and what I probably won't use. On my Europe trip I stuck to the same makeup bag that I usually use and packed it with a lot of neutrals and products I know always work for me. I'm not showing you everything I took but here are the products I used just about everyday:


My makeup case is a discontinue black MAC case that one of my best friends gifted to me many years ago. I love it because I have used it a LOT and it is in amazing condition. It does get a bit dirty after a few trips so I clean it with a makeup wipe and then its as good as new. 


The case is long and thin so it lays flat in my luggage. It has a zippered pouch on the inside and a open pocket on the other side, and best of all it easily fits the large MAC palettes. 


I did take some other skin care with me, but these were my absolute can't-live-withouts. 
  1. Philosophy Purity Made Simple - The best face wash ever! I have tried many and always come back to this. Even on lazy evenings this is good enough to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin.
  2. The Body Shop -Natrulift Firming Serum - I like that this serum is lightweight and absorbs quickly - important for hot weather and when you are in a rush. It helped moisturize my skin and gave it a nice even texture. I will do a full review soon.
  3. Philosophy Hope in a Jar for Dry Skin with SPF - I use the non-SPF one too, but it was nice having a all-in-one, especially since we were outdoors most of the day. 


Face Products - Yes, I know this looks like a MAC haul, but what can I say, MAC products are just so reliable and work for me!
  1. Fix+ - I am SO glad MAC came out with the mini version last year....I can't live without this product! I used it for setting my makeup everyday, but I also used it as a midday refresher when I was hot or tired, and I also used this in the plane every few hours when my skin felt dry due to plane air.
  2. MAC Face and Body Foundation - I decanted it into a small travel bottle because the actual F&B bottle is quite large. Also, I mix different shades and so it is easier to just take the mixed version with me. This is my HG foundation. 
  3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder - Do I really have to talk about what I like this? It's amazing and everyone needs this powder.
  4. MAC Blushcreme in Uncommon - Another discontinued product that I wish would come back. This color especially is amazing on medium-dark skin and provides a very natural glow to the skin. It is also so easy to use and blend.


Makeup Products - I did take more makeup but these were the items I kept using over and over.

  1. Shu Uemera Eyelash Curler - Again, do I really need to talk about how amazing this is?
  2. MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara - This was a risky choice because I purchased it right before my trip since I needed a new mascara. Thankfully, this is a great mascara! It holds curl, adds volume, and is very black. I will do a full review on this though because there is a trick to using this so you don't get clumpy lashes.
  3. MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - The color is dark, it lasts ALL day and glides on easily. What more do I need from an eyeliner?
  4. Nars Pro-Prime Eyeshadow Base - Although I didn't wear much shadow on the trip, I used this almost everyday because it helped to make my liner smudge-proof and long-lasting. 
  5. Stila Lip Glaze in Kitten - A great peachy-gold gloss that I could wear on its own. I tossed this in my handbag for midday touch-ups. I also used a MAC Tendertone quite a bit, but I forgot to photograph it.
What are your absolute beauty must-haves for vacation?

4 comments:

  1. I love that bag! It's the perfect size for travel. I like how you were able to take just the necessities. I'm still working on my list - I tend to take more then I really need.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails