Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow Swatches and Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner Swatches - New Colors for Spring

I was feeling very springy and wanted to check out the new spring colors of the Benefit Velvet Eyeshadows.

Colors:

Mermaid                      Shamrocker

Bo Peep                       Buns

Fancy Pansy                Nice Melons
These shadows are true to the name "velvet." They are so incredibly smooth and buttery! The new spring colors epitomize spring time and remind me of pink bunnies and hunting for Easter eggs. My fave is Fancy Pansy, because it is such a unique shade of lavender, and has a bit of duochrome in it, though the duochrome doesn't show up in pics. The greens are also very gorgeous and very wearable. The neutrals Buns and Nice Melons are also great shades for work or a everyday neutral eye.

My all-time favorite Benefit products are the Creaseless Cream Shadows/Liners. These little pots of color are the creamiest, silkiest cream shadow I have every used, and I have tried a lot of them. Since they are so creamy, they spread easily on the eye, with a brush or a using fingers, which means you don't have to tug on your eye lid to blend the product. I love MAC Paint Pots, but the product doesn't even compare to these Benefit cream shadows in terms of creaminess and blendability (yes that is totally a word...hehe). The Benefit ones are a dream to apply, and the best part is they have the same durability as their competitors, lasting the whole day without fading or creasing. 

Here are a few of my favorite shades:

RSVP, Skinny Jeans, Get Figgy, Strut, Stiletto, Busy Signal

The only negative with this product line is that if you keep if for a long time (a year plus), the color tends to dry out and shrink. The product itself is still creamy and usable, but the moisture starts to evaporate so the product becomes less. Therefore, you have to use them up and not save them forever. My only other issue is that they don't have a large selection of dark colors, so I never use these as liners, only as shadows or bases. I hope the expand the color range soon as these are a definite keeper in my stash. 

What are your favorite Benefit products?

3 comments:

  1. I wanna check out the new ones because the colors look like they would be great for spring!

    http://cupcakesofsilk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh these are pretty! I've only started buying Benefit products recently, but High Beam is among my favorite products I've tried.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails