Thursday, March 4, 2010

Makeup Breakdown - Asin Thottumkal on the Cover of Jade Magazine

Asin Thottumkal, otherwise simply knows as Asin, from the hit Bollywood movie Ghajini, is on the cover of this month's Jade magazine: 
I don't know too much about her, but I just love her fresh look and the playfulness in her eyes. This is a great look to wear just about anywhere and so I wanted to do a makeup breakdown:

Face:
  1. Apply a light-coverage foundation that will even out the skin tone, like Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15. 
  2. Apply concealer only to areas that have any discoloration, and hide under eye circles. 
  3. Lightly apply a neutral colored blush like MAC Cantaloupe (PRO color) to the apples of the cheeks.
  4. Set makeup with a dusting of translucent powder like the Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder.
Eyes:
  1. Cover the lid in a neutral satin finish shadow that matches your skin tone. I like MAC Kid or Arena eyeshadows if you are medium toned. 
  2. Apply a slightly darker color in the same color family in the crease and blend so it looks like you have natural depth to your eye. I recommend MAC Texture or Saddle eyeshadows. 
  3. Use a brown eyeliner pencil to draw a thin line on the outer 2/3 of your upper lash line. Get super close to the base of your lashes so it gives the appearance of thick lashes, not eyeliner. Do the same on the lower lash line but draw the line all the way in. I recommend Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Bourbon.
  4. Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
Lips:
  1. With a light hand, line and fill in your lips with a orange-red lip pencil like MAC Lip Pencil in Redd. You want to create a base for the lip color, not create a mask of color. 
  2. Use a lip brush to apply an orange-red lipstick. Be sure to choose a color that is not too dark but still has pigmentation, like the new MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick. 
  3. In the photo she is not wearing any gloss, but if you prefer a glossy lip feel free to top off with some clear gloss.
Such looks are great for so many occasions and you can easily glam them up by adding a darker lip color, or a darker shadow in the outer corner of the eye. What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. i love your makeup breakdowns. they are very knowledgeable.

    cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her coral red lips! Thanks for the break down :)

    http://cupcakesofsilk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look. It looks so natural and refreshing. Thanks for the breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. neutral eyeshawdow is my fave. I'm a big fan of lipsticks that match my skin tone as well!!!

    www.eyeswdeopen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey nice break down. I think it's the base, cheeks and the lipstick that make her look. Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I get so excited upon running into anything with India in a fashion blog!! Lovely blog!! So following it now!! And about Asin, I actaully did not like her in Ghajini but this photograph makes me like her!! Nice breakdown thre! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all of you for the lovely comments! I am glad you liked this makeup breakdown! I have been so busy with wedding planning I haven't had a chance to respond to you individually but I will try my hardest to do so!! Again, thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing, really. i love reading m.up tutorials. i wish i'm as advanced as you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoa. she's gorgeous. need to look her up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice look! Great post!:D

    following you now, follow my blog too!:D


    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com
    Beauty. Fashion. Design.
    ... and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. noooooooooo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails