Asin Thottumkal, otherwise simply knows as Asin, from the hit Bollywood movie Ghajini, is on the cover of this month's Jade magazine:
- Apply a light-coverage foundation that will even out the skin tone, like Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15.
- Apply concealer only to areas that have any discoloration, and hide under eye circles.
- Lightly apply a neutral colored blush like MAC Cantaloupe (PRO color) to the apples of the cheeks.
- Set makeup with a dusting of translucent powder like the Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder.
- Cover the lid in a neutral satin finish shadow that matches your skin tone. I like MAC Kid or Arena eyeshadows if you are medium toned.
- Apply a slightly darker color in the same color family in the crease and blend so it looks like you have natural depth to your eye. I recommend MAC Texture or Saddle eyeshadows.
- Use a brown eyeliner pencil to draw a thin line on the outer 2/3 of your upper lash line. Get super close to the base of your lashes so it gives the appearance of thick lashes, not eyeliner. Do the same on the lower lash line but draw the line all the way in. I recommend Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Bourbon.
- Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
- With a light hand, line and fill in your lips with a orange-red lip pencil like MAC Lip Pencil in Redd. You want to create a base for the lip color, not create a mask of color.
- Use a lip brush to apply an orange-red lipstick. Be sure to choose a color that is not too dark but still has pigmentation, like the new MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick.
- In the photo she is not wearing any gloss, but if you prefer a glossy lip feel free to top off with some clear gloss.
Such looks are great for so many occasions and you can easily glam them up by adding a darker lip color, or a darker shadow in the outer corner of the eye. What do you think?