Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easy Neutral Eye using Stila's Most Famous Shadow

I am always intrigued with products that have best-seller or Holy Grail status, like the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. One product that I have been curious about for a long time is the Stila eyeshadow in Kitten. It is one of the company's best sellers and has sparked a whole slew of other products in the same shade. Kitten is a champagney-light pink color that is suitable for all skin tones. 

I used Kitten in an easy neutral eye look below:


I swept Kitten all over the lid and brushed it on the outer 2/3 of the lower lid as well. I lined my top lid with MAC Blitz and Glitz Fluidline, used MAC Feline on my waterline, and used some mascara I had nearby (not sure what formula but I'm not very impressed with it). Here is a closer view with my lid half closed:


Kitten really is a universal shade that would look good on anyone. It would even make a great highlighter for medium-dark skin tones. The formula is very smooth and lasts all day, even without primer! I definitely will check out more Stila shadows from now on. Overall it is a great shade to have and I love that I could use only one shadow and end up with a great, easy neutral eye that is appropriate for any occasion.

Oh and yes, I am wearing blue color contacts in these photos. My mom really wanted me to try blue, so I have had them sitting around for awhile and finally decided to wear them. They are fun but they don't look natural. What do you think? 

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kajal,

    That is a lovely colour of shadow.."Suits All skin tones" tag is what attracted me..Looks good on you.

    Btw, yes..the lens do look a bit un natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a pretty color. I had heard a lot about this shade - but had never seen it swatched..

    Do you know of any dupes for this? Stilla is not available in India. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Thanks for the look! Kitten is actually on my list of things to purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Stila's Kitten infact I am wearing it now. Its a perfect shadow for day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your brown eyes are most natural. I did aquamarine for six months but I went back to clear lenses. Colored ones really don't look natural as when your pupil contracts, you real color shows through. That was the thing that really bugged me when I had them.

    Pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After all of this time blogging, and reading about beauty products etc I still don't own Kitten!
    Looks so pretty on you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails