Tuesday, June 29, 2010

IMATS 2010 - Part 1

I have sooo much to share from IMATS, but I just can't hold it all in!! I decided to tell you all about my experience over several different posts, because I have so much to share, and though I can't write about everything just yet, I had to share a few of the photos and tell you a little bit about this wonderful event. For starters, IMATS stands for International Makeup Artist Trade Show. It is a convention intended for makeup professionals, but is open to the public. IMATS is usually held in Los Angeles at the Pasadena Convention Center, which is in the heart of Pasadena, across from a great outdoor mall. Most convention centers are kind of prison-like with the cement floors and all-gray walls, but the Pasadena Convention Center is one of the cleanest, most modern looking convention centers I have ever visited.


There were tons of exhibitors from consumer favorites like MAC, Makeup Forever, Stila, and Urban Decay, to professional artist companies that specialize in a variety of products like eyelashes, hair extensions, nail art, prosthetics, airbrush, makeup brushes and tools....you name it, it's there. 


One of the coolest things about IMATS is getting to learn about the different areas of makeup artistry, including prosthetics. There were tons of demos and it was amazing to see the transformation from model to this:


There was even a student competition showcasing 8-10 student finalists as they created some extreme looks:

Of course I also some extreme looks in that were gorgeous and more beauty-like. It truly is amazing what some artists are able to do with makeup media:


This was just a taste of my experience, and there is lots more to come! I attended a few classes, talked to lots of great makeup artists, and got lots of fun goodies, which I still need to play with so I can tell you what's hot and what's not.

Did you go to IMATS this year? Any questions about my experience?

3 comments:

  1. My friend was telling me about this.. we were in Pasadena a couple of years ago. Are you from LA?

    Angel x
    High Heels & Lipgloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time and I am loving the pictures. I really like theatrical make up.

    I've never been to Imats, hopefully next year fingers crossed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pasadena and I love IMATS! I wish I was there...I'll have to make do with the one in London early next year...bet it's not as glam as the US one!
    Kat x Click&Make-Up

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails