Sunday, January 2, 2011

Top 10 in 2010: Looking Forward to the New, Remembering the Old

So you already know that I am obsessed with the new Mickey Contractor collection for MAC, and although I know 2011 will bring other new fantastic products, I can't forget the wonderful beauty discoveries that I made during 2010. Some were released this year, some are older but new to me in 2010.

Here are some my top 10 of 2010 in no particular order:

1. Powder: Smashbox's Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. This powder gives the most flawless coverage and I love how you get the coverage of a loose powder but in a pressed powder package. Read my full review here.


2. Lip Products: MAC Lipstain Marker and Stila Lip Glaze glosses


I have used this lip stain every since it was released and it is a staple for me now. I like using this to fill in my lips to wear on its own, or before applying lipstick or gloss. The stain lasts all day so I always have some color to my lips. Read my full review here.


I now know why lip glazes are a cult fave. They are long lasting, glossy, non-sticky, and come in a great selection of sheer and opaque colors. What's not to love! Read my full review here

3. Face Mask: Lush's The Sacred Truth. This face mask made my skin soft, moisturized, and glowing. This is one I will definitely continue re-purchasing in the future. Read my full review here


4. Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. This new formula has been a hit at MAC, and I can see why. It provides excellent coverage, is natural looking, and lasts ALL day. The only thing I don't like is the pump, but I will deal with it because I like the concealer so much. Read my full review here


5. Face Primer: Stila One Step Correct Primer. Another new product for 2010 that I absolutely love. It is silicon-free and makes my skin luminous, reduces pore size, and creates a great canvas for face makeup. Read my full review here


6. Blush: MAC Cream Color Base in Vintage Rose. The best color for any skin tone, blends like a dream, and looks natural. Read my full review here


7. Nail Polish: Sally Hansen Double Duty. This combined base coat and top coat saves space in your nail bag and it works so well it can rival even the best high end base/top coats. Read my full review here


8. Home Fragrance: Slatkin & Company Candles. These come in a HUGE assortment of fragrances, burn clean, and are potent enough to add a nice scent to an entire room (even a living room and kitchen). Read my full review here.  


9. Lip Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in Wallflower. This pencil is as good as the 24/7 eye pencils and is the perfect base shade for any lipstick. Read my full review here


10. Accessory: Forever 21 Jewelry. I have found some amazing earrings, necklaces, and rings at Forever 21, and the best part is how reasonably priced they are! Granted, Forever 21 isn't quality, but they will definitely last through a few seasons, if not longer, and it is a great place for trend pieces. I found the following earrings for $1.50, and have worn them several times without any problem. 


There you have it! What are some of your top picks from 2010?

2 comments:

  1. The Lipstain marker looks fab, don't think I've ever seen that in Mac before. My favourite products from 2010 were Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara and Mac Viva Glam Gaga. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LilyLipstick Those lipstains were LE from spring of 2010. If they release them again, I HIGHLY recommend trying one out. I heard Rimmel has good mascaras....I will have to try that one out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails