Thursday, October 15, 2009

Book of Shadows Bandwagon

So I was perusing through Sephora online trying to browse through new products that I might be interested in trying out, when I came across this:
This is the Smashbox WISH Eye Wish Palette. It is a limited edition palette that contains 12 shadows, 4 cream eye liners, and a mini Photo Finish Lid Primer. Hello? Look slightly familiar to another product that debuted last year? Let me jog your memory:

The Urban Decay Book of Shadows!!!!! The one pictured above is the Book of Shadows Volume II, that contains 16 eyeshadows, 2 mini 24/7 eye liners, and a mini Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This is the second version of the 1st Book of Shadows that I was desperately trying to track down earlier this year (and successfully did so, might I add...wink wink). Ok, I understand Smashbox trying to get on the palette bandwagon but did they really have to create a product so similar to the popular UD one? yeah the number of shadows and liners is different, but the package looks the same! I know, I know, they are just trying to get their piece of the cosmetic pie, but they could have at least packaged it differently.
Sigh, I am so in love with my UD Book of Shadows that I just felt a little betrayed. Oh well, I just had to share that with somebody....back to work now....





9 comments:

  1. i saw that and thought the same thing! i almost had to do a double-take, except that the shades were a bit more bold. i agree with you though..they could have packaged it differently and i would have been happy to purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I don't have either of those. Perhaps I should get on this bandwagon. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, my Sephora doesn't have the UD Book of Shadows yet. I'm really hoping they have it for the F&F sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @fantastic Yeah the shades are a lil different but similar concept. I am curious to try out Smashbox shadows....have you tried them before?

    @Kiki Oooh, I definitely recommend the UD Book of Shadows. Their shadows have major staying power and are smooth and buttery. I have not tried the Smashbox ones so I can't recommend it highly, though the price is great for what you are getting.

    @Christy Boo...if you can't get it instore, you can always get it online during the F&F sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried Smashbox eyeshadow a many years ago and found it to be pretty good. If I remember correctly it went on smooth and had good color payoff. They even have pots with two eyeshadows in them that work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have...i really like Bliss on the browbone, and inner corner. I think their shadows are buttery and blendable, which I appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Neena That's awesome...perhaps I will have to give in to their version of the shadow palette. =)

    @fantastic I will have to try out that shade! My heart jumped at the idea of their shadows being buttery and blendable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think buttery is the word that would make me jump to a shadow as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smashbox was smart in making a ton of these for the holiday season. When Urban Decay sold out of theirs, Smashbox still had plenty to sell plus some of the funds in all of their Wish products went to charity which was nice. I got both palettes, the packaging is not the same, the colors are very different, and Smashbox's comes with a book that shows how to create different looks. I love both my palettes, and let's not forget that Lorac and Tarte went above and beyond these 2 palettes by including lip and cheek colors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails