Thursday, October 29, 2009

Purple Skies on My Eyes - A Purple and Pink Look of the Day

This is a quick look I did a few days ago that reminded me of Barbie (not quite sure why, other than I used fun colors that little girls like), but also reminded me of a purple and pink sunset.

I used the following eyeshadow colors from the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume 1 that was released last year:

Inner lid - Smog
Middle of lid - Scandal
Outer corner of lid - Mixture of Mayhem and Last Call

I then used a black kohl to line the upper lash line and waterline, and applied Lancome Hypnose mascara to my lashes.

This was just a quick look I did, but I wanted to use multiple colors because I was in a playful mood. I kept thinking in my mind that it reminded me of cotton candy, but other than the pink, there really is nothing cotton candy-ish about it.

5 comments:

  1. Great look.. flattering with a pop of color! Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great look. Unfortunately I don't have any Urban Decay eyeshadows, it looks like it's worth the investment. In the meantime would you be able to list possible substitutes using MAC. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tali Thanks! It was fun to do!

    @Neena UD shadows are very smooth and buttery....I highly recommend them. If you want to use MAC colors, try Woodwinked on the inner lid, Da Bling in the middle of the lid, and a combination of Stars and Rockets and Satelline Dreams on the outer corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really see Barbie, but it really does accentuate your eyes well. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kiki Thanks for the compliment! Yeah, I know the look isn't very Barbie, but I just felt like Barbie cuz I was playing with super girly colors. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails