Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MAC Magic, Mirth, and Mischief Blush and Nail Lacquer Review

With the MAC Magic, Mirth, and Mischief collection launching this week (in stores this Thurs Oct 15th), I thought I would review the two products I purchased from the color collection. The first is the Mineralize Blush in Superdupernatural. This color is so lovely and will complement EVERY skin tone! It is a bronzy peach color with a hint of shimmer. I have been wearing it all weekend and I know that it will be my staple blush this holiday season. I love it because it provides a good amount of color when blended and buffed into the skin, but can also be layered to get a more opaque color. Here is a swatch:

Right: Blush color applied straight to the skin
Left: Blended out a bit

Here is a look I did with the blush, blended into the skin for a subtle glow:

I really like the mineralize blushes because they go on flawlessly and really do last awhile. If I want more staying power, since blush is the first product to fade, I apply a cream color base under a powder blush.

The second product I purchased is the nail lacquer in Lucky Number:

It really is a beautiful unique color that will be a beautiful contrast to the dark, trendy shades of fall, while still being in the same color family as the fall purples and blacks. It has such a beautiful shine and looks amazingly bright and glossy when the light hits it, as in the photo below:

I also purchased a couple of the shadow palettes from the holiday collection, and I got them as gifts for others, but I am soooo tempted to use them on myself! I probably will go back and pick them up for myself. If you read my previous post about the holiday collection launch party, you know that it was so dark in the party room that I could not see much, which is why I did not pick up more from the collection. I will definitely be going back to my local MAC to check out the mineralize sets and the other sets.

Do either of these products tickle your fancy? What are you planning to pick up?

2 comments:

  1. I'm still debating if I want to pick up one of the mineralize sets. I really like the nail polish too! In my experience MAC nail polishes have good color payoff and last a long time so its well worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Neena yeah I know a lot of people dont like the MAC polishes but they work well for me, especially this one! I think its the cream formulas that chip faster...these shiny ones work great for me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails