Thursday, July 9, 2009

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Available Again

Last fall/holiday season, I got the Urban Decay Book of Shadows as pictured on the right. Then, I was foolish enough to return it because I thought I had too much makeup. I have regretted that decision and been on the lookout for this for a really long time. I keep telling myself no, then when I tell myself it is ok to get it, it's sold out everywhere!

Well the other day I was surfing Sephora online and lo and behold, they have this back in stock!!! Ladies (and gentlemen), stop reading my blog, go immediately to sephora.com and order this!

It does seem pricey to drop $45 at once, but each shadow comes out to be just under $3 each, which is a steal for Urban Decay! The colors in here are beautiful and the quality as fantastic! Each shadow has great color payoff and are so smooth and buttery. Yes, a couple of them are glittery, but everyone needs some glitter and shine. My only "issue" which I don't even consider an issue because this palette is so amazing, is that there are no neutral highlight colors. But we all have tons of highlighters lying around so not a big deal. I just wished this had one so I could take one palette with me for traveling. But if I were traveling I would have more than just shadow with me so throwing in a little pot of highlighter won't be a big deal to add to my makeup bag.

8 of the colors in this are permanent and 8 are limited edition. Seriously, I don't know why you are still reading this and not on Sephora's site ordering this...

3 comments:

  1. I missed this when it came out too..so good they are repromoting it. Are the shadows pretty shimmery or can you wear them for day? I hate palettes where you look like a disco ball after..and so few palettes have good mattes. Like yourself..I have way too much makeup..but you are tempting me to buy again..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion this is a FABULOUS palette to have. Yes, I am sure you can dupe most of the neutral colors in here, but there is something about the other shades that are just gorgeous! I mean, enough for me to want it back! All of the shades are shimmery, but only 3 of the shades have glitter, which is not a bad deal considering its 3 of 16. And one of the glittery ones is Midnight Cowboy which I have been wanting. I don't have an issue with some glitter if work correctly with a base. Check out swatches here: http://www.beautyarchives.pursebuzz.com/?p=1605

    Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails