Sunday, July 26, 2009

MAC 226 Brush Review


Since I was so disappointed in the new MAC lip balm, I had to write a post about a MAC product that I truly am a fan of. The MAC 226 eye brush is a limited edition brush that is meant for applying color to the crease of the eye. I had a feeling this would be a great crease brush just by seeing images of it, and I was right. =) For my crease, I am not a fan of the 217, even though some people swear by it. I prefer the 224, even though it is quite large. The 222 is pretty good, but this 226 is better!

The bristles on the 226 are shorter than the bristles on the 222, and the 226 has a pointier tip. It gets the color precisely in the crease, and the bristles have the perfect amount of softness and firmness that is required to blend the color smoothly and effortlessly. This brush is smaller than the 224 so it fits perfectly into the crease area. I also like this because the pointiness allows you to create a really defined "v" on the outer lid area. I also use the pencil brush for that, but I like this one too.

Another great thing about this brush is that is has dark colored bristles. I don't like when my brushes get stained so I tend to not like white bristles. I have, however, mastered the art of cleaning my face brushes so they don't get stained, but I have a harder time with white eye brushes.

If you are in the market for a crease brush, I highly recommend this one. But get it soon before it sells out, since it is a limited edition brush. Do you have this brush? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. i've been tempted to pick this one up--thanks for the review of it :) i actually grabbed the other one that came with the same collection, and really enjoy it. btw, i tagged you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, thanks! yes, i started working on my post and will hopefully get it up today. this brush is great...i'm definitely pleased that i got it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails