Monday, July 6, 2009

Airplace Makeup

During my trip to Atlanta (aka Hotlanta) a couple weeks ago, I simplified my airplane beauty routine and it really worked well for me. Since my flight was at 6am, I showered and applied only moisturizer to my face and left for the airport. On the plane, I made sure to drink plenty of water and apply lip balm as needed. About 30 minutes before landing, I took out a makeup wipe (any wet wipe will do) and cleansed my face. It felt so refreshing and clean and my skin loved it. I reapplied moisturizer, then put on my MAC Select Moisturecover compact foundation with the sponge that comes with it. I had a mini sample of the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin so I applied a tiny amount to my lids, curled my lashes, put on mascara, more lip balm, and I was set! Normally, I wouldn't have done all this except that I left straight from the airport to a meeting so I had to look put together.

I know usually we fly for work or to go meet people we haven't seen for awhile so sometimes we want to look good when we get there. My minimal routine seemed to work really well, and the 5 beauty items fit easily into my purse. I even put the moisturizer into a little travel jar so it would be compact. Another option is to do this at the airport after landing, but at that point I just want to get to my final destination, not spend more time in an airport bathroom.

On another note, I'm not much of a soda or beverage person, I am all about the H20, so I always get excited to see all the beverage options on the plane because I never have them at home. However I am learning to resist the temptation while traveling and have beverage control and drink only water. I was successful on this last trip so hopefully it will get easier.

What are your airplane rituals?

3 comments:

  1. I usually have more than a bare face to go to the airport..lucky you! But I pare down my products and usually have a natural look..I use face and eye primers which help my look last through the flight. I don't really like applying makeup in the airplane bathroom, since it's so tiny (plus pretty icky!)..and I always get stuck in there when turbulance hit..which means lipstick would be going everywhere if I applied it!
    Thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I usually don't bother refreshing my face at all, but I can see how it would make a difference. I'll have to try using a wipe to refreshen myself next time.

    As far as the beverages go- I don't have much will power. I usually cave in and order juice or ginger ale. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rani -

    Haha I hear ya on the turbulence! It always happens when I am in there too! This last trip I just did my face in my seat and used the mirror from my compact. It was small but did the job.

    Neena - I always crave the ginger ale too! I never buy it at home so it sort of feels like a special beverage when I order it on a place.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails