Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SYTYCD - I'm addicted

Ok, this is totally not beauty related (except that the makeup artists are super talented), but I am addicted to watching So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD). I'm watching it as I write this and I was just about to write that Jeanine and Brandon are my favorites, but I just saw Ade and Melissa's piece on breast cancer and it was phenomenal! I think it was absolutely beautifully danced to perfection. But just as beautiful as it was, I am amazed with Tyce's choreography and ability to portray something that affects each and every one of us. Every one of us knows at least one person who has suffered from cancer and the struggle for survival is so emotional, and to capture that in a dance is truly amazing.

I love shows like this because although dance has been around as long as humanity, it has not been until recent times that it is being recognized by the world as a culture, form of expression, and a lifestyle! I am especially proud because of the Bollywood representation, which has sparked a huge surge of interest in Indian arts. Just last night the Cal bhangra team performed on America's Got Talent and blew everyone away. The news always portrays India as a place of poverty and finally we are getting some recognition for just one of the gazillion positive things we do!

Anyways, if you are still reading my ramblings, I am officially rooting for all 4 of the dancers I mentioned above, but I know that all of the top 8 are just amazing. Good luck to them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails