Thursday, July 16, 2009

I tried doing a dramatic look today with blues and teals. This is a look I would only wear going to a club or an Indian party, with fancy clothes. I prefer to go out with a neutral look on a daily basis, but to each her own!
Here is what I did (all products by MAC unless specified):

Eyes:
1. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin with the 217 brush
2. Shadow in Too Dolly applied to the inner third of the eye with the 239 brush
3. Shadow in Steamy applied to the middle of the lid with the 239
4. Shadow in Freshwater applied to the outer third of the lid and dragged slightly into the crease with the 239
5. Shadow in Moons Reflection applied all throughout the crease and slightly above the crease with the 239. I did this so the darker crease color would fade into the browbone color
6. Shadow in Deep Truth applied to the crease and lightly to the outer V using the 226 brush
7. Shadow in Mylar applied to the browbone with the 225
8. I lined the upper lash line with UD 24/7 liner in Zero
9. I applied Benefit BASgal mascara in black

Face:
1. I usually use the MAC Select liquid foundation but I have been curious about their other formulas and am trying them out. I am wearing the Face and Body Foundation on the left side and the Studio Fix Fluid on the right side of my face. You might not be able to tell the difference in the photos, but there is a huge difference in real life. I actually prefer the Face and Body because it looks more natural in real light. The Studio Fix gives thicker coverage and is not natural looking on me. Can you guys tell a difference? Oh yeah, foundation was applied with the 209 brush.
2. I used Loreal Ideal Balance powder with the 209.
3. Applied The Body Shop blush in Ginger (this might be discontinued) with the 209.
4. Again used the 109 to apply highlight to the temples/cheekbones. I used Beauty Powder in Drizzlegold. This might be a PRO product only now, but I highly recommend it. Review coming soon!

Lips:
1. Lipstick in Brave New Bronze
2. Lipglass in Underage


2 comments:

  1. nice look! I just bought Steamy in my mega haul from the Sumo Sale..so this will help me with a way to wear it. Thanks!!
    Most people love Studiofix but it broke me out! So sticking to my Select.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this post but I love this look! I love blues, especially for fancier occasions! I'll have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails