Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson Memorial

I know this has nothing to do with beauty, but I just have to say how surreal it is that Michael Jackson is gone. It's funny how you never think about things until it is too late. I'm sure that hundreds of thousands of people dusted off their old MJ cds and have been playing them recently. But what about those years they were sitting in a box or cabinet, when you didn't think twice about them? It is events like this that make you think twice and not take things for granted. Sadly, most of us will think about these things for a day or two, and then settle back into our ways.

His passing has definitely made me think back about my memories as a kid sitting in my living room with my best friend who lived down the street and belting out his tunes. In fact, his Dangerous album was the first CD I ever got. I am so happy that the events of the past decade are not affecting how the world views him today. Sure, there will be people who only think about the negative but he really did impact the world in a positive way, and it's heartwarming to know that the majority of the world is embracing his contributions. For all the desis out there, just think how many Bollywood songs have imitated MJ.

Anyways, everything about MJ's passing has captured my attention and makes me sad. The public memorial was beautiful, wish I could have been there in person. If you guys have any thoughts about this recent event, please feel free to share them in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. I second that...and agree with everything you said. I have so many memories attached to everything MJ..I grew up listening to his music. He totally was taken for granted..people didn't appreciate him until it was too late.
    The memorial was sad..esp. when his daughter spoke..I had tears in my eyes. That and Usher & Jermaines songs had me crying..

    RIP..MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing fine too...until his daughter spoke. I think I still refuse to believe that he is really gone...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails