Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shiseido Skin Protect Stick Foundation SPF 35 Review

I was browsing the Shiseido counter a couple weeks ago when I saw the Shiseido Skin Protect Stick Foundation:


I was immediately intrigued because the Shiseido sunscreens are so popular and I rarely see a foundation with a SPF of 35. The foundation is a stick and you twist up the yellow piece on the bottom to push the product up.


The only problem with this foundation is that there are only 3 shades. 3 shades!!! And only 2 of them are actually colored, the third one is translucent/clear. Who makes a foundation in only 3 shades? Fortunately, or so I thought, the Ochre shade suited my skin. 

Swatch straight from stick

Swatch of foundation blended

I thought maybe this would be more like a tinted moisturizer and that's why there were only 2 shades, but no, this is like a light-medium coverage foundation. The product itself is super creamy and blends like a dream. It feels soft on the skin and not heavy or sticky. It doesn't even have a strong sunscreen smell. Score! The only problem is the shade I got didn't match my face exactly. I think this product has the potential to be an amazing summertime skin base, but Shiseido really needs to consider expanding the shade range. Until then, I will have to stick to my arsenal of reliable MAC foundations. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! 2 shades, what were they thinking?! Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three shades? Wow...good luck with the sales on this product, Shiseido.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rocaille My thoughts exactly!

    @Chris Seriously! Who makes a foundation with 3 shades?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should try their sun liquid also. It is water resistant with a dewy finish.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails